That sport coat or dress you wore to the semiformal may be a little snug, and there may be a few lines on the faces and gray at the temples, but there’s nothing quite like a high school reunion. Yes, it’s that magical gathering where everybody is the same age, and all those old memories come flooding back.
Reunion season is in full swing, and here’s some of the ones that have been announced.
• The Carbondale Area High School Class of 1979 will hold its 35th anniversary class reunion Saturday, Sept. 13, at Arlo’s Tavern, 10340 Route 171 in Uniondale. Admission is $35. Reservations are being accepted until Monday, Sept. 8. For additional information, call 570-282-2660 or 570-282-5992.
• The Lakeland High School (Jermyn Branch) Class of 1964 will hold its 50th anniversary class reunion Saturday, Sept. 13 at St. Michael’s Center, 403 Delaware Ave. in Jermyn. Call 570-282-1712 for more information
• The Olyphant High School Class of 1954, known as the “Greyhounds,” will hold its 60th anniversary reunion Saturday, Sept. 27, at the Green Ridge Club, 1645 Wyoming Ave. in Scranton. Organizers are looking for all classmates from 1954 and OHS graduating classes from 1950-1960 to attend. For information, call 570-489-6206 or 570-383-1506. Bring Olyphant High School memorabilia to share.
• The Lackawanna County Catholic Schools Alumni Association will hold a reunion for graduates of a Catholic high school, past or present in Lackawanna County at Maiolatesi Wine Cellars, 32 Cabernet Drive in Scott Township on Friday, Oct. 3, 6-9pm. Admission is $35; $60 for a couple, which includes two glasses of wine, live entertainment, and light fare by Sidel’s. Seating is limited. Call 570-346-7541 or email email@example.com. All graduates of Catholic High Schools in Lackawanna County who are over age 21 are welcome.
• The Mayfield Alumni Association invites all classmates and friends of Mayfield High to a reunion Saturday, Oct. 4, at Rossi’s Ristorante, 150 S. Main St. in Archbald. Admission is $35 (includesa sit-down dinner with choice on entrees. A cash bar available. For information and reservations, call 570-876-4153.
• The St. Patrick High School’s Class of 1964 will hold its 50th anniversary class reunion Saturday, Oct. 4, at Fiorelli’s Catering, 1501 Main St. in Peckville. All class members are invited to attend. Call 570-489-1820 or 570-383-0487 for more information. A planning meeting will be held Wednesday, Sept 10, at 6 p.m. at Colarusso’s , 233 Bridge St. in Jessup.
• The Dunmore High School Class of 1949 will hold its 65th anniversary reunion Sunday, Oct. 26, 1-4 p.m. at St. George’s Family Restaurant, 304 Church St. in Jessup. For more information, call 570-347-1378 or 570-955-9854 or 570-346-3406. Class members are trying to locate the following classmates: John Burkart, Ann Marie Barrett Nykaza, Catherine Constable Portell, Alfred Erdman, Marion Fedor Bartnosky, Ann Fetsko Wright, Edward Hager, Margaret Hoskins Hart, Jean Herbert, Rose Lagan, Elenor Malia Ginder, Peter Mushow, Mary Clair Mullen Mosher, Nancy Macinsky Payton Snopik, Theresa McDonnell Gray, Dorothy Puhalla Wanscaz, Richard Rosar, Paul Reach, Harold Salisbury, Ann Tomko Mauroschadt, Willard Davis, Joan Carra Copolango and Catherine Ciccone Trinovitch.
• The Carbondale Area High School Class of 1974 will hold the 40th anniversary reunion of Benjamin Franklin High School and Fell High School students, Saturday, Nov. 1, at the Best Western Pioneer Plaza, 25 S. Main St. in Carbondale. Contact information is still needed for the following classmates: Martin Thomas, Deborah Yadlosky, Gerald Savage, Kathy Burke and John McAllister. Anyone with information should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 570-446-9507.
• And finally, a different kind of reunion: At halftime during the Friday, Sept. 26, Mid Valley vs. G.A.R. football game, there will be a reunion of Mid Valley players from 1970-’78. Caoch Jerry Preschutti will be honored. Any players from that era are welcome and should call 570-498-4232, 570-335-1153, 570-510-1164 or 570-254-6979.