CAHS golf team
Any student attending Carbondale Area Jr.-Sr. High school in grades nine through 12 interested in joining the Carbondale Area golf team should report to the Panarama Golf Course on Monday, Aug. 12, at 7:30 a.m. All golfers must have had a sports physical before you report to the golf course that day.
Carbondale Area Junior-Senior High School’s orientation for all seventh-grade and transfer students entering school for the first time will be held 9-10:45 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 22. The orientation will last approximately 90 minutes. All bus students will board their bus at the following locations:
• Richmondale Playground, 8:30 a.m.
• Wilson Creek, 8:37 a.m.
• Monkey Run Park, 8:40 a.m.
• Main Street/Morse Avenue, 8:45 a.m.
• First National Bank, Simpson, 8:48 a.m.
• Coalbrook Playground, 43rd St., 8:55 a.m.
Any students from the Crystal Lake area desiring transportation should contact Kim Michalek, transportation coordinator, at 844-330-2273
Valley View orientation
On Tuesday, Aug. 20, Valley View High School will conduct an orientation program for all ninth-grade students and all new transfer students. The program will be held from 1-3 p.m. Topics to be discussed will include the ninth-through-12th-grade curriculum, programs, school rules and regulations, policies, transportation and athletic eligibility. Also, students will receive a copy of their schedules and locker information to become familiar with before the first day of school. A brief tour of the facilities will follow the program.
• At Loyola University Maryland, members of its spring dean’s list included Cameron Bullet of Jermyn, Abigail Comparetta of Scott Township, Allison McGee of Peckville, Abigail Mills of Dickson City and Jessica Regan of Archbald.
• Isabella Demyan of Scott Township was named to the dean’s list at Union College;
• Robert Brady of Richmondale was named to the spring dean’s list at Widener University.