An evening of cabaret
On Thursday and Friday, May 16 and 17, the Carbondale Area Drama Club will present “An Evening of Cabaret” in the high school auditorium. Showtime is 7 p.m. each night. Tickets are $5 and will be available at the door. The show will consist of music, theatre, poetry and dance that will be performed by students from grades seven to 12.
Wilkes University recognized students, faculty and staff at the Extracurricular Awards Luncheon.
• Cody Morcom of Scott Township received the Alumni Association Volunteer Award, presented by Office of Alumni Relations. This award is given out annually to a student who showed consistent involvement with the alumni association during his/her time at Wilkes. This includes volunteering on the homecoming student team, representing students at fundraising events and giving their time and talent to help out in the alumni office.
• Macy Phillips of Vandling received the Environmental Engineering and Earth Sciences Extracurricular Achievement Award, presented by Department of Environmental Engineering and Earth Sciences.
• Alyssa Korman and Jeremey Tomaine, both of Carbondale, each received the Two Years of Service, presented by Wilkes University Student Government.
• Kutztown University inducted 26 students into the Sigma Delta Pi National Hispanic Honor Society. Among the inductees was Ashley Carter of Eynon.
• Joseph Tini of Archbald is one of seven Kutztown University students to be inducted into its 2019 class of the Gamma Theta Upsilon International Honor Society of Geography at its induction ceremony this spring.
• Local residents were among the 45 University of Scranton students inducted into Beta Gamma Sigma, the business honor society. The University’s chapter of the honor society was established in 1997. Students inducted include: Renzo Barrenechea of Dickson City and Mark Miller of Archbald.