Travel groups in the area are planning the following trips. Call the number listed for more information. The Advantage has no connection with any of these groups.
•New York City’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade on Saturday, March 17: Double “R” Twirlettes bus trip to see performers from around the world march up 5th Avenue. Plus have the day free in the city. $38 per person. The bus will leave from Around the World Travel in Peckville. For more information or to make a reservation, please call 570-499-7518.
• Atlantic City, March 18: the auxiliary at Raymond Henry American Legion Post No. 327 will host a bus trip to Resorts Atlantic City. Bus leaves at 7 a.m. from the post home in Olyphant and returns at 6:30 p.m. For more information call 570-575-6746. Price: $35.
•Brandwine River Museum in Chads Ford, April 12: Marywood’s Life Long Learning program is offering a spring bus trips on Thursday, April 12, to the Brandwine River Museum in Chads Ford, which will include a tour of the Andrew Wyeth Studio and N.C. Wyeth Home and lunch at the Menderhall Inn. Cost is $110 per person. For reservations call 570-383-0544.
•New York City, May 2: Marywood’s Life Long Learning program is offering a spring bus trips on Wednesday, May 2, which includes a tour of the Tenement Museum in New York and dinner in Little Italy. Cost is $120 per person. For reservations call 570-383-0544.
• Hunterdon Hills Playhouse in New Jersey and Sands Casino in Bethlehem, May 5: Matinee show of “Tapestry Revisited: A Tribute to Carole King.” $115 ($20 rebate and $5 food voucher.) Call 570-499-4904.
• Bermuda, May 12-17: the Abington Senior Center is sponsoring a trip to Bermuda. This is a five-night cruise on the Anthem Of The Seas, Royal Caribbean. The trip is from May 12-17. Call 570-586-8996 to make reservations or for more information.
• Nashville, May 26-29: A group is planning a trip to Nashville, Tennessee on May 26-29. Price includes round trip transfers to airport, nonstop air to Nashville, transfers to hotel, three-night accommodations including free WiFi, breakfast daily and courtesy shuttle to Broadway Street. Call 570-351-5649 for more information or for a reservation.
•Baltimoe and Washington, May 29-31. The parishioners of Visitation of the BVM Church in Dickson City are planning a bus trip May 29-31that includes motorcoach transportation, a tour of the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption (America’s 1st Cathedral), free time at Baltimore Inner Harbor, a visit to the Lincoln Memorial, Holocaust Museum, Smithsonian Institute, Capitol Building and mor; Mass at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington D.C. and a tour of St. John Paul II National Shrine.
Cost is $495 per person double occupancy. For more information call 570-489-2091 or 570-383-0544.
• Hunterdon Hills Playhouse in New Jersey and Sands Casino in Bethlehem, June 13: Matinee show of “Mahoney Brothers: Jukebox Heroes.” $115 ($20 rebate and $5 food voucher.) Call 570-499-4904.
• Hunterdon Hills Playhouse in New Jersey and Sands Casino in Bethlehem, June 20: Matinee show. $115 ($20 rebate and $5 food voucher.) Call 570-499-4904.
Britain, June 16-25: Join Monsignor Patrick Pratico and Rev. Joseph Verespy on a nine-day Best of Britain Tour, Saturday, June 16 to Monday, June 25. You will visit Windsor, Oxford, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Cardiff, Stonehenge and London. Includes bus fares, airfare, hotels, 13 meals, all taxes and fees. Cost is $3,195 per person. Call Visitation BVM Church at 570-489-2091 for a complete itinerary or more information.
• Wales, July 2-13:The St. David’s Society of Lackawanna County plans a journey through Wales. Round trip package $2,900 double occupancy. Four dinners, Cardiff Castle banquet and guided tour. For more information, call 570-814-7689.
•Dominican Republic, Sept. 24 to Oct. 1: Join the Dunmore Group for a seven-night/eight-day all-inclusive luxury trip to tropical Dreams La Romana in the Dominican Republic Sept. 24 to Oct. 1. Price includes roundtrip transfers from Dunmore to the Philadelphia airport, direct non-stop flight to the Dominican Republic, preferred-club adults-only garden-view room with private check-in, all resort fees, all meals, drinks and entertainment as well as roundtrip transfers from the resort. Adults-only pool, restaurant and casino. 10 restaurants plus buffet with eight bars and lounges. Price is $1,600 per person. $100 per person holds your space. Other categories available upon request. Call 570-954-9544.