Tuesday, Nov. 10
• Valley View School District invites all veterans in the community to attend a presentation at 1 p.m. in the Valley View High School auditorium, 1 Columbus Drive, Archbald. Major Ramsey, ROTC commander, will be the keynote speaker. Veterans who would like to attend, can wear clothing representing their branch of the service. Visitors should report to the main desk in the high school lobby for registration. All attending veterans will be recognized during the presentation and will receive a group picture. Call Linda Sabatelle, at Valley View district office, 876-5080, ext. 209, for more information.
Wednesday, Nov. 11
• Mayfield Lions Club members are to be present at 7 a.m. at club headquarters to install flags throughout the borough, and will return at 4:30 p.m. to remove them.
• The fifth-annual Jermyn Veterans Day ceremony will be held on held at 11 a.m. World War I Veterans Park, Bridge Street, Jermyn. At this time the traditional ringing of the town’s church bells and sounding of the siren will signal the historic moment of silence commemorating the signing of the Armistice Treaty that ended World War I. Dr. Paul A. Tomcykoski, former U.S. Army major, will deliver the keynote address.
• The American Legion Michael Steiner Post 411, in conjunction with Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 5544, will hold Veterans Day services at 11 a.m. at the veterans’ memorial on Hill Street in Jessup. Veterans and area citizens are encouraged to attend. Light refreshments will be served at Michael Sterner American Legion Post No. 411, 508 Church St., Jessup following the ceremony.
• Raymond Henry American Legion Post 327, 101 Willow St., Olyphant will conduct Veterans Day cermonies at 11 a.m. Attorney George Kennedy will be guest speaker.
• The members of the Herbert Clark American Legion Post No. 180 and Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 7251 are to meet at the Throop Municpal Building at at 9:30 a.m. Services will begin at the veterans memorial monument, 436 Sanderson St., at 10 a.m. Members will then proceed to the VFW Post, 179 Boulevard Ave., for services at 11 a.m.